Thursday, October 9th
6:30 PM-8:30 PM
Jordan High School Gymnasium
This event is sponsored by the Canyons Region 17 PTA
All constituents in the Canyons District are welcome
What to expect: An informal meet and greet with candidates running for election in federal, state, county, and local elections
There will be no formal speeches made by candidates
This is an excellent opportunity to meet candidates and ask questions!
Please come and invite your neighbors, great activity for the whole family!
5th Grade Maturation Programs for both our young men and young women will be hosted by Canyons School District at different locations throughout the district rather than at each individual school. The dates and locations may be found on our calendar, as well as below. When looking on the calendar, remember to click on the event for specific locations. You may attend at any of these locations.
Boy's Maturation Dates and Locations (Presenter - Dr. Brad Wilcox)
- October 21, 2014 at Midvale Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- October 28, 2014 at Mount Jordan Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- November 6, 2014 at Albion Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- February 11, 2015 at Draper Park Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- February 18, 2015 at Eastmont Middle School @ 7:00 pm
Girl's Maturation Dates and Locations (Presenter Nancy Kelly)
- October 22, 2014 at Midvale Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- November 5, 2014 at Mount Jordan Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- November 11, 2014 at Albion Middle School @ 7:00 pm
- February 10, 2015 at Draper Park Middle School@ 7:00 pm
- February 19, 2014 at Eastmont Middle School @ 7:00 pm
Please plan to join us for dinner on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at Cafe Zupas in Quarry Bend. Please show the cashier the voucher that identifies you as an East Sandy supporter. Cafe Zupas will donate 20% of all East Sandy purchases made between 5-9 pm to our school.
Canyons District will soon begin taking applications from students who want to take the test for admittance to the SALTA magnet program.
Applications will be accepted from students in the kindergarten through fourth grades. Third-graders in the program also must take the test.
The Request for Testing Form for SALTA — which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement — will be available on Monday Sept. 22. It will be accessible on the Canyons District website until Thursday, Oct. 30.
• Testing Block No. 1 — Friday, Nov. 14 and Saturday, Nov. 15
• Testing Block No. 2 — Friday, Nov. 21 and Saturday, Nov. 22