East Sandy Elementary School Community Council
Monthly Meeting Agenda
Thursday, February 10th, 2022, 4pm
Call to Order by – Bryan Rudes Time – 4:03pm
Note Taker – Jill Hawkins
Time Keeper – Ginny Watts
Members Present – Bryan Rudes, Dale Stevens, Ryan Barnes, Ginny Watts, Courtney Martin, Shawnee Bell, Mark Giecek, Nicole Chaves
(Jill Hawkins- visitor)
- Call to Order – Bryan Rudes
- Approve Minutes from November – Motion to approve Ryan Barnes, second Mark Giecek
- COVID Update Currently at Tier 2. Bryan is hopeful we will be Tier 1 soon. Currently 3 cases in the school.
- Shawnee asked the difference between Tier 2 to Tier 1 and Bryan said the main thing is assemblies are allowed in Tier 1.
- Will Tier systems always be in place? At this time, we don’t know. Tier 1 is business as usual for the most part.
- Zones of Emotional Regulation -Group of 10 teachers out of 17 opted in to do the program. 5 lessons in that program but Hannah is back now and she pushes in to give lessons. District moving to a program called “Picture of a Graduate” USBE approves that program.
- Amendment for the 4th Grade Goal – Need signatures from members to approve the amendment. All members support the amendment and signatures will be needed.
- Preliminary Testing Data – Review of Mid-year Academic Testing- slides showed all data. Bryan has requested that all teams have their goals submitted by the end of February. Bryan will be gone for about 3 weeks starting at the end of March and the new TSSP is due on Apr 11, 2022. He would like to have the plan done and submitted before he leaves
- Expenditure Reports
- What have we used? Funds come from TSSP and Land Trust.
- Spending in four areas for academic goals.
- MTSS specialist, Tier 2 reading interventionists.
- Kindergarten support for IPLC.
- Buying supplies to supplement and support our new reading curriculum. Tier 2 also needs additional supplies for their groups.
- If we have left over funding what do we want to spend it on?
- Can be used on substitutes, supplies, etc. Only funds we may not have spent would be all day BLT. Everything else will be spent.
- Survey teachers who have Ipads to see how useful they are to decide whether we should spend funds on getting Ipads for all teachers.
Motion to adjourn at 4:50 PM by Mark Giecek and seconded by Shawnee Bell.